What did I learn from that trip?
- COVID was probably heavily undercounted as I think I got it.
- The only time someone gave a shit about COVID was when I was boarding the flight back to the US, otherwise there wasn’t a single mask in sight, even in California and the ship’s medical bay.
- Cruises are a good deal.
- Travel flexibility is great and very much paying more for.
- The US has really improved it’s adoption of contactless payments.
- Travelling was very chaotic, but we avoided the worse of it.
By the way, the last post which I hastily put together on this trip I went on 18 months ago will be out on Saturday.